Return of the Hydra
Shairra was once the capital of a great empire of merchants, now only the city remains, a shadow of its former glory.
Shairrans speak their own language. They also used to have their own pantheon, but nowadays, most Shairrans are atheists or have fallen prey to one of the many foreign religious cults in the city.
Racial modifiers for Shairrans (human subrace):
- +2 to One Ability Score: Human characters get a +2 bonus to one ability score of their choice at creation to represent their varied nature.
- Medium: Humans are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Normal Speed: Humans have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Bonus Feat: Humans select one extra feat at 1st level.
- Skilled: Humans gain 1 additional skill point at first level and one additional point whenever they gain a level.
- Languages: Humans know 1 additional language
- Favored Class: Rogue
- Territorial Affinity: Shairran humans with 13+ CHA/13+ INT can use Rainbow Ray 1x
each day and once more for every 5 levels.
Rainbow Ray: spell-like ability (can be disrupted!)
standard action, provokes attacks of opportunity
The spell needs to be delivered on a ranged touch attack or on an attack with a magical projectile weapon. The attack is part of the standard action. The spell’s range can never be greater than 20 squares.
The spell deals 1d6 radiant damage for every 2 caster levels (rounded up). A successful Will save (DC 10+1/2 level+ Charisma modifier) reduces this damage by half. Creatures that fail their save suffer the following ill effect, depending on their level. (Sightless creatures are not affected)
- Creatures of 3 or more levels higher than the caster are dazzled (save ends)
- Creatures of (almost) the same level are blinded (save ends)
- Creatures of 3 or more levels lower than the caster are blinded and stunned (save ends)
Powerful Undead, Drow, Duergar and other creatures vulnerable to bright light get a -4 penalty on their saves and are at least 1 round affected by the special effect, even if the make their save.
Alignment: Shairrans have no special tendency towards good or evil, law or chaos. However, no good-aligned character could live easily in Shairran society, full of corruption and relying heavily on slave labor.