Return of the Hydra
Tribe of the Turtle
The Tribe of the Turtle is one of the four tribes of Ademorra. Its members are called the ‘Gwo yo’ or ‘Fat Ones’. Repulsively fat indeed, these men move with surprising agility. Especially the spellcasters are big men, covered in layer upon layer of fat. The bigger the belly, the more powerful and important the shaman or warlock. They believe the bigger they get, the harder it is for Ay’Vorax to swallow them. But so far, none of them, big as they are, has escaped death.
On Hydra Peninsula, the Tribe of the Turtle is protected by the so called Plant Barrier. Every plant grows like crazy, making it almost impossible to pass.
The Tribe of the Turtle has more and better spellcasters than any other tribe. Many of their spells bolster defences and slow or disable opponents. Gwo yo spellcasters are not to be underestimated, for they are the most cunning of all by far. There are no barbarians amongst their ranks, but many archers and some defensive oriented fighters. Unlike the other Ademorran tribes, many Fat Ones use metal armor, even full plate mail. This and their habit of fighting in shield walls, has earned them the nickname ‘Turtles’ amongst their brethren, or just plain ‘cowards’.
The Fat Ones hate the Tribe of the Monkey and are perpetually at war with them.
They worship the Green Hydra Head on Hydra Peninsula.
Famous members of the Tribe of the Turtle are the late Big Chiumbo and the warlock Fat Dalila, former member of Bloodbeard’s pirate crew.
Racial modifiers for members of the Tribe of the Turtle:
- +2 to One Ability Score: Human characters get a +2 bonus to one ability score of their choice at creation to represent their varied nature.
- Medium size: no special bonuses or penalties.
- normal Speed: The Fat Ones have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Bonus Feat: Humans select one extra feat at 1st level.
- Skilled: Humans gain 1 additional skill point at first level and one additional point whenever they gain a level.
- Illiterate: all Ademorrans are illiterate, unless they put at least 2 ranks in the linguistics skill.
- Favored Class: Warlock
- Inherent Ability: Stability: +4 stability bonus on combat manoeuvre defence and +4 on fortitude saves against any effect that knocks you down (same as Dwarf stability bonus, does not stack with other stability bonuses)
- Territorial Affinity: Ademorrans of the Tribe of the Turtle with 13+ CHA can use Obesity Shield 1x each day and once more for every 5 levels.
Obesity Shield: spell-like ability (swift action)
Your girth increases and suddenly you are covered in protective layers of fat. You gain damage reduction 1/- against any type of damage except silver and radiant, DR 2/- at 4th level, DR 3/- at 7th level and so on. This stance lasts for 1 round/level, or until you become bloodied or move more than 5 ft in a single round. You cannot combine this with barbarian rage, defensive stance, divine wrath or any other stance. In this stance, you occupy 4 squares. You cannot assume this stance if there isn’t enough space for you.